Sunday, December 13, 2009

The only good drama is Korean Drama

Don't worry, I'm not writing this post because I'm experiencing drama. I don't think I've ever really experienced drama and I don't plan on starting anytime soon. :] I'm just writing this spontaneously.

So yeah, high school drama. I try to stay away from it as much as possible, but somehow, it always reaches my ears thanks to all these gossipers. Thankfully, though, most of them aren't too bad (well, Oxford drama is never THAT bad). I'm probably the most clueless person when it comes to drama at Oxford because I simply don't ask about it. I'm pretty proud of that fact, but it seems like some people look down on me because of it. Whenever the group of people I'm with starts talking about some of the latest gossip and I say I don't know about it, some people are like, "How do you NOT know about it??" in a sort of demeaning way. Umm, am I SUPPOSED to know about it? Is talking about people's lives behind their backs something to be proud of? It sort of baffles me.

That sort of leads me to another thing. Girls and drama. I don't know why, but girls love drama. I must admit, I enjoy learning about drama. But I know it's bad so I just try to avoid it. I wonder why us girls like seeing drama unfold in front of us. I mean, most likely, the people involved in that drama are going through some really rough times. What gives us the right to be entertained by others' sufferings?

AND, drama queens. I think I'm sort of a inner drama queen. Whenever something happens to me, I want the whole world to know about it. Especially when I'm (physically) hurt, I tend to emphasize my pain.. like that one time when I intentionally walked with a limp after hurting my leg. Haha. I've become pretty good at restraining this though, so I'm not too worried. What I'm worried about are the real drama queens. Real drama queens are people who live off of drama. They NEED to know the latest gossip and they NEED to blow up every situation out of proportion. People stick with them because life is exciting with drama, but once everyone realizes that drama isn't all that great, they will leave the drama queens. Thankfully, none of my friends are (major) drama queens. :]

I think drama just makes a bad situation become worse. If a friend is being a bad friend, don't gossip about it and just move on. If your boyfriend broke up with you, don't go sobbing to everyone and bad mouthing him. If a friend tells you the latest gossip, don't spread it. Leave the drama to korean dramas, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment