I learned something today. And I confirmed something today.
I learned that emotions are fleeting. Well, I guess I already knew that, but I think today served the best example of it. In the morning, I was sort of depressed because of my lack of sleep and because I missed bball practice. Then, from the garage sale until I got into Angie's car after Starbucks, I was happy but sort of.. preoccupied(?). I don't know. I was having fun with my friends, but something kept popping up in my mind. And then, I got really pissed and worried at the same time. And then I got really scared and worried. And then I felt relieved. And then I got excited during IRIS. And then I got surprised from the ending of IRIS. I've never experience such a wide variety of positive and negative emotions in one day. Haha. BUT this just proves my point that emotions never last.
It amazes me that something as ephemeral as emotions can impact you in such a powerful way. I mean, emotions affect EVERYTHING. Sometimes, it seems as if the world would be better off without emotions to distract you. I used to wish that no one would ever dump me or that I would never fight with a friend so that I don't have to feel negative emotions. BUT, we need emotions to be human. I think the strongest, wisest people are the ones who have been through every type of emotion possible, but survived keeping their morals and faith intact. It makes me want to experience all types of emotions as well. I'm just worried that I won't be strong enough to pull through with my morals/faith.
The other thing I talked about was that I confirmed that humans are complex beings. One moment, it feels like everyone has a good side to them. The next, it feels like all humans are greedy and selfish. It sorta sucks that there are bad people out there and it sorta sucks that good people sometimes do bad things, but I think they contribute something to society. After all, if there were no bad people, what would serve as an example to everyone as something NOT to do? I think humans should just be left alone. I shouldn't lose faith in humanity, but I shouldn't trust in people too much. It's all about finding the perfect balance.
Tomorrow's retreat! Although I sorta don't feel like going (I wanna rest more!), I think it came at a good time. I want to escape from the world and its distractions right now and reset my priorities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment