Sunday, November 1, 2009

I'm weird

Aha. I'm so weird. :]

I feel soo bad for people who come for me for help. Cause I really think I look at things differently than others. Like, I've trained myself to look at things from all points of view, and people tend to not like that. When they come crying to me, they expect me to comfort them and tell them I'm on their side. But if I do that, I'll be telling them a blatant lie. Cause I really hate taking sides. Everyone has a reason to believe what they believe, so who am I to judge who's right and who's wrong? If someone comes up to me and is crying that her boyfriend broke up with her and saying how much she hates him, I'm pretty sure saying "Wow, he's such a jerk! You're too good for him anyways. I'll go beat him up for you" will make her feel better. But inside, I'm thinking that he must have had a good reason to do so. I used to just tell everyone what I really thought, but they ended up not liking me and never coming to me for advice again. LOL. So now, I just give the generic, one-sided advice.

And then there are times when I'm just plain weird. Like today, a friend emailed me about how another girl was making her feel discouraged about Key Club. I laughed when I read that email. Haha, I know that sounds terrible, but I have my reasons.. I wasn't laughing AT her, her cuteness just made me laugh. Cause a few minutes earlier, she had sent me an email about being all pumped up for Key Club. The fact that her emotions switched so quickly was so cute it made me laugh. But I couldn't reply with "HAHA you're so cute!" cause it would've looked like I didn't take her situation seriously. So instead, I tried to calm down and put myself in her shoes and then replied. (Cindy, if you're reading this, I'm sorry for laughing at such a serious matter. LOL. it really was cause I thought you were cute).

So yeah. Bottom line: people shouldn't come to me for advice. Unless they want the painful truth, which even I don't want when I'm down.

No comments:

Post a Comment