Monday, November 2, 2009

Blog v.2.0

I've revamped (is that even a word?) my blog. Now, the background is prettier than just plain old black, and I actually have an interesting title.

I chose Mark 7:28 because I really like that verse. It was one of those few verses that made me have an "aha!" moment. It goes, "'Yes Lord,' she replied, 'but even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs.'" When I first read it, I was really confused and didn't understand it. But like 2 months before, David Son delivered a message on it and I grasped the meaning of it. Pretty much how the story goes is that a Gentile woman needs Jesus to drive a demon out of her daughter, but Jesus outright rejects her. But instead of giving up, she begs him multiple times until finally he replies that he can't do it because he needs to fulfill the needs of the children (Israelites) first, before the dogs (Gentiles). Instead of giving up, she replies with Mark 7:28, saying that even dogs need the leftovers of the children. Jesus is so amazed at her faith that he heals her daughter right on the spot.

I find the woman amazing as well. If I were her, I would have been pissed at Jesus because her has all those powers, but he only uses them for his people. However, instead of becoming angry, she acknowledges that she is insignificant and continues to beg for his help. Her persistance and faith were all so complete. I wish I could be like her.

But lately, like David Son talked about, I feel like I'm in a spiritual depression. It's sorta weird to be talking about the Bible when my spirit is so low. Oh well. The only way I'm gonna pick myself up is to read the Bible and pray, right? Gotta go read!

No comments:

Post a Comment