Thursday, March 11, 2010

Whole New Respect

This past month, I got a whole new respect for James.

I mean, I knew he worked hard for Key Club cause he always works on our website and stuff, and I always appreciated him for doing so. But these past few weeks, I saw that he's a really reliable guy. Like I saw him working hard to remake the Key Club shirt on Adobe something (Photoshop? Illustrator?) so that it will print onto the shirts with a better quality. And last week, he let Angie and Lynna into the Tech Room so that they could use the iMac in there. In addition, instead of just leaving them there, he actually used his own time to teach them how to use iPhoto and help them as they made the digital scrapbook!

None of the above said (except the website) is part of his job as Technology Chair. Yet, he put so much time and effort to help the other people on board. At times, it seems like he's not the most committed officer because he spends so much time with ASB. But these events totally just eradicated all those doubts away. He's there when you need him, he goes over and beyond his duties, and he attends service events--what more can you ask for in an officer? He does all this without gaining recognition most of the time.

What did I learn from this? That I really should not care about recognition and whatnot. I need to do my duties because they are my responsibilities. I should also try to HELP people. I SUCK at helping people. MUST. HELP. MORE. Haha.

I receive a lot of compliments for doing my duties from certain officers, but really, I don't think I deserve them. Even more so after seeing James. Dang, talk about humble pie.

I know who I'M voting for for ASB Secretary. F'sho.

No comments:

Post a Comment