^ I love that song. :]
BUT anyway, I've been working on my secretary binder for Key Club cause I'm done with all the homework that's due tomorrow. It's really given me time to look back and think about what I've done. I've got to say, I think the highlights of my Key Club career was pretty much around April-June 2009. I had just been elected Secretary and I received Distinguished Bulletin Editor and Officer of the Year and all this recognition. Peter, Evelyn, and Brian were still with us to support us. The new board was enthusiastic and tried hard and met deadlines. I made multiple new friendships including one with Jenny, the LTG. I spent most of my weekends serving the community at different events. I stayed on top of my notes and other duties. Life was goooood.
There's such a drastic contrast between then and now. Being secretary doesn't feel as rewarding. The 09 seniors are gone. Most of the board is slacking in some way. There's tension in the board. Jenny isn't LTG anymore--heck, she's not even that involved in Key Club anymore (one of my role models, gone ]:) I rarely have time to serve. I'm super duper behind on duties.
I keep saying to myself, finish strong. But honestly, I have no motivation to. I don't think anyone on board is motivated anymore. I think the root of our problems come from our leaders. They're just not leading! I know everyone tries hard, but they just can't measure up to Peter, Evelyn, JCAO, Jenny, Linh, etc. I tried to get accustomed with the changes, saying 09 was just one of those outstanding years, but I just CAN'T. It's so depressing to see the standard being dropped this low. Leila once told me, "People are going to disappoint you, no matter what." I knew she was right, but Key Club REALLY demonstrated how disappointing people could be.
I noticed this change a while ago. I told myself, just endure through the end of the year. You can just lead the club back into its glory next year. But now I can't even do that. :( Not without being an officer. I honestly have no idea what's going to happen in OAKC next year.
I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings through this. Hopefully, I don't have stalkers that read my blog regularly. I really do appreciate everyone's effort this past year, BUT I think everyone can admit that they could've done better.
EDIT: I just got a taste of my own medicine. Fine, the root of the problem is not our leaders. It's ONE LEADER. I think everyone knows who I'm talking about. Everyone else is a victim.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment