Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Magic

Remember my blog about how KPop sucks now? It doesn't suck so much anymore. Some of it is because of non-Kpop Korean music (thank you Carolyn), but it's also because of this new group called One Way. They're not that popular cause they don't have the conventional KPop sound and they aren't from a famous record label--but that's EXACTLY why I like them. I really like their sound! Their official Korean single is "Magic" but their covers and English songs are pretty nice as well. :]

Erm, that's not exactly why I'm writing this though. I just remembered a quote that I saw in the room where I took my SAT. You know when after like Section 5 of the SAT you start zoning out cause it's just SO LONG? Yeah, this is when I noticed this quote and it really stuck to me.  It was the only positive thing about the SAT last Saturday. -_-

"What would you do if you knew that you could not fail?"


I often don't try things cause I'm worried I might fail, but this quote is saying to try anyway. It hurts to fail, I think I know that pretty well. BUT, we can't let the fear of failure keep us from expanding out boundaries. Everyone will fail at some point in our lives, so might as well risk failure with everything we do.

So what WOULD I do if I knew that I could not fail? I honestly don't know, cause I've always factored in that chance of failure into everything I've done. I guess I would try to make a bigger difference on campus. I've always wanted to join ASB since freshman year, but I couldn't because I knew I wanted to maintain a fierce dedication to Key Club. If I knew I could handle both, I would have joined both. And I still feel the same way. After losing Presidency, it was SOO tempting to apply for ASB.. but I know that I still have a responsibility for Key Club. Whatever! I can always change the school without being in ASB! It's going to be tough, and it won't make my college app look better, but I've gotta try.

This is sort of (but not really) related to the quote, but I REALLY want Kim Yuna to fall sometime soon. I didn't want her to fall during the Olympics obviously, but I want her to fall now in some trivial competition. It's cause the higher she climbs, the harder it will be to get over a fall. So while she's relatively low in her career, she needs to fall, get a taste of failure, and get over it. Imagine if the first time she falls in a big competition is the 2014 Winter Olympics Short Program. Her confidence would definitely take a blow and she might not perform her best for the Free Skate. So might as well get it over with, right? Haha.

BTW, One Way writes their own songs! And none of them are Korean born (1 from Sydney, 1 from LA, and one who grew up in both those cities). That explains why they sound so different.

3 comments:

  1. Just checked out One Way; dude Judy you and I have the same music taste! Well, my interests kinda ecompass a whole mess of music, but I liked Magic! It reminded me of Breathless by Shayne Ward x Neyo's Closer. HA I have a 75% feeling that the rapper guy is from LA :D If you haven't already, you should try these ksongs, I think they match your taste:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_40soxh3tc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9OFnBhXP-Q

    PS. I read your Christian blog before this and thought you were talking about One Way.....JESUS! Hillsongs ftw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, Judy I don't think you'll ever really fail because you ended that whole tangent with "try" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I thought that too! I still think about Hillsongs whenever I see their name.

    EPIK HIGH IS THE BEST. I've never heard of J before, but I like her style! Fill me in whenever you find new Korean music cause all these suggestions are great! :]

    Haha thank you.

    ReplyDelete