I was on allkpop (I know, shame on me), when I saw updates of all these new boy groups. They sorta suck. Haha.
I dunno, kpop hasn't been very.. filling (?) lately. All the songs are so SHALLOW. It bugs me to death. And the girl groups are either acting too cute or too sexy for their age. The guys are all pretty boys that act too cute. It hurts my eyes to see guys that are already young try to look even younger. Everyone looks and sounds the same.. argh.
The songs. They suck. None of them show off the members' vocal abilities (well, it's not like they really have any in the first place) and none of them are meaningful. For example, Bo Peep by T-ara or Oh! by SNSD. They have no point to them whatsoever except to make nasty old men happy with their "cuteness." Oh man. And Admirable Boy by DN-A... it seriously sounds like something SNSD would sing. If they're guys, they should at least try to act a little bit like guys. Pop songs are bad, but even ballads have degraded. No offense, but Can't Let You Go Even if I Die by 2AM isn't all that great. Sure, it's better than repetitive cutesy autotuned nastiness, but it follows the ballad song formula to the T. Subject: Love + Melody: Sad + Soft beginning + Build up of momentum + Climax where the singer holds out a looooong note = typical ballad. Kpop has gotten so predictable and boring.
Well, there ARE some exceptions. C.N. Blue's Alone is pretty good.. but it was plagiarized. -_- Big Bang is always somewhat original, but they're not coming back until fall. D: They did release Lollipop 2 a while back, but it's a bit monotonous. TOP and Daesung are supposed to go solo, but there's no news yet. 2NE1's Follow Me is different, but I still don't really like it.
Maybe I WOULD like the current Kpop scene if I were younger. After all, I liked DBSK's cutesy stage a few years back. But now... yeah. I wish the guys would act more masculine. And the girls would act normal. I wish the singers were older (15 is not a healthy age to start being a star!). I wish they actually used talented kids (better voices, are able to write their own songs) rather than continuously pooping out mediocre talent. I wish Korean composers were more talented and actually wrote to express something rather than just doing what's popular to get success. STOP THE PLAGIARISM. Haha. Basically, I am not happy with KPOP right now. I should look into other genres of Korean music or switch to American (I've been getting interested in rap).
Also, I couldn't go to church today cause I overslept and ended up not having a ride to service. It's very inconvenient that the distance from our house to church is short by car but too long to walk. So that got me wanting a longboard again. If I could longboard to church, I wouldn't have to bother with rides anymore, you know? And I could ride it at UCSD if I go there (though I've heard it gets pretty dangerous). BUT, for a good one, I'd have to dish out at least $150 and I'm broke right now. Not to mention I want to play summer bball. ARGH, stupid money. I really, really, really, really, need a summer job! I wanna save up $1000 and just spend it all senior year so that I don't have to ask my parents for any money. Hmm, what job can I get from like 7am-noon or after 6pm? I wish I could tutor, but all the kids will be on summer vacation too. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My. thoughts. exactly. This is why I stopped listening to kpop in Jan. Everything's so formulated and insanely catchy that it doesn't sound like music anymore. Ditto SNSD and the nasty old men part. Btw, have you heard of Humming Urban Stero or Nell?
ReplyDeleteOh, sorry, this is ...well I sit at your table, and I wear the jacket on my blogger site quite often :D
HI CAROLYN. :] (I think. I'm pretty sure. Haha.)
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'm just gonna listen to American/regular Korean music until Kpop revives. I've heard of Nell but haven't really listened to them, and I haven't heard of HUS until now. I just listened to them and they're pretty good! I like! Haha thanks for introducing me to them. Tell me if you know any other good singers/bands. :]
buy a long board. & come to ucsd. everyone long boards. teach me & lets ride together in style.
ReplyDeletegive me money then.
ReplyDelete