What you spend years creating,
others could destroy overnight.
Create anyway.
Such a hard principle to uphold. It seems like many people have been going through hard times recently. Many have had all their hard work blown away in mere minutes. Whether it's club elections, their parents' trust, their friendships, their pride, etc. I know what it feels like to lose something you've worked years for. It sucks that everything comes down to one moment, one mistake. But I guess that's life.
To those who have had to experience a loss recently, I guess I'd say this: Don't try to feel better. Trying to feel better makes the pain that much worse. Don't try to not think about it. You'll think about it that much more. For the first couple of days, the best thing is to just cry it all out. Cry your heart out. Cry until no more tears come out. Feel bad for yourself. Pity yourself. Beat yourself up. Don't listen to people when they try to make you feel better.
Why, you ask? Because that will be the last time you'll cry because of that event. Once you've cried until you can't cry anymore, promise yourself to no longer cry about that event. It's history. From now on, force yourself to smile. Face your loss and smile. Show the world that it can't keep you down forever. Prove that you're strong. Who cares if your dream, trust, pride has been destroyed? You can just build it again, right? If you spent years building that dream, spend even more time building another dream! It's hard. I'm struggling with this part as well. But you know what? Life's hard. Suck it up and survive.
The last thing you want to do is feel resentment. I admit, I resented the people who destroyed my dream. I resented myself for foolishly dedicating all that time into one, stupid dream. At first, it's okay to resent. But afterwards, it becomes unhealthy. If you use resentment as your motivation to stand again, if you rebuild your dreams for revenge, nothing good will come out of it. At the end, you may reach your goal, but what next? All you're left with is an empty feeling.
In the end, only time heals. With time, you'll see that maybe, you've been putting that dream on a pedestal. Maybe, that friend wasn't really your friend. Maybe, your pride doesn't matter that much. The hurt never completely disappears. But the important thing is to learn from that hurt and turn it into strength. Dream even bigger dreams. Obtain better friends. Rebuild that trust.
I'm liking this:
oagivesmehope.co.cc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment