Sunday, October 25, 2009

Scrooge

I hate asking people for money. Whether it's because I don't have any or because they owe me from before. That's why I always try to take more than enough money and refrain from buying unnecessary things. But because I always seem to have ample money (even though I'm usually stretching my limits of my funds) people tend to borrow money from me. You know what I mean? There's always those one or two people that never have their wallets or always "forget" to bring their money. I'm fine with lending money out, but I HATE asking for those people to pay me back. It seems like 1.) I'm pestering them & 2.) they should know that they have to pay me back even without me telling them to.

That's why I usually don't ask to be paid back when someone owes me money. It's usually $1 or $2 anyways so I can let it go. After all, most of my friends share their food with me so it all equals out that way. I feel like the Scrooge from the Christmas Carol whenever I stress about $1 or $2. BUT we're in the midst of an economic recession and little bits and pieces of money can add up to ALOT. Like at this instant, all the money people owe me from the last WEEK adds up to $30. That's alot of money! It used to be $55, but my sister paid me back after I bothered her a bit (I actually told on her to my parents. Haha. I feel guilty, but I was short on cash so I had to do it).

So yeah. I'm just writing this entry to prepare my heart for the tasks to come. This week will be my "pestering for money" week. It's a necessary evil if I want to see my $30 ever again. Wahhh I need that money to pay for Fall Rally so I hope everyone pays up without being too troublesome. I hate it when people always put off paying me back (although I sometimes do that.. unintentionally, of course).

This is random, but I can't wait for the Christmas Carol movie! I got reminded of it when I wrote about the Scrooge. Haha. I have a feeling it's gonna be one of those scary/creepy/beautiful takes on children's stories like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Polar Express, Where the Wild Things Are, etc. I love thos movies. :]]]

No comments:

Post a Comment