I think I blog wayyy too much. LOL. It's just that whenever something happens, it reminds me of something, and that reminds me of something else. Until soon enough, I NEED to write about it to get it out of my system. I wonder how I lived so long without some sort of journal or blog.
Anyway, I want to talk about pre-judging people. I got into thinking about this topic because of many separate things that happened today. One of them was that in my English class Socratic Seminar, someone said that it's human tendency to judge others. I think that's so true. I hate myself when I do it, but I judge others anyway. Argh.
Judging people has kept me from befriending sooo many people. I used to be really clique-y and never wanted to venture out of my clique. But now, when I want to, my previous clique experiences keep me from doing being able to. For example, some of my friends from my previous clique always bad-mouthed the Korean group saying that they thought they were above others and stuff. I know that this isn't true, but it still affects how I view them today. So now, when I try to approach someone from that group, I get scared that they'll view me as inferior. It takes so much courage to even start a conversation with them because of this, especially when they're all together. I really want to get to know them (or at least be able to say hi to them) but its soooo hard cause I automatically judge them. At Oxford, everyone seems to be close with everyone else. I hate that my judgements on people are keeping me from getting close to them.
But at the same time, I've got to wonder why I need to be doing all the work. Why can't they approach me? I guess it's cause they don't want to. :( That's the other thing that keeps me from approaching them. As outgoing as they are, they probably would have approached me if they wanted to get to know me. Or maybe they think I'm hard to approach like I think they're hard to approach. I don't know. I don't know how to act in front of them! Argh. So frustrating.
On a happier note, I like Big Bang's new song. :] I wish they would release such serious songs in Korea.. All they did in Korea so far are super happy or super sad songs. They need one that's non-autotune and more emotional that shows off their voices. Like their new Japanese song. Yeah. I just spoke in a circle. Haha. Oh, and Daesung needs a solo album of ballads! No more trot! He needs to show off his amazing voice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment