I was writing compliments/criticisms for the key club bonding event tomorrow and I suddenly wanted to just make a list of everyone who really impacted my life in some way and to say thanks. Here it is:
Mouse: Thanks for setting the standard of what kind of person I want to be. You were so nice, faithful to God, loyal to friends, and strong in your morals. I only knew you for 2 years, 4th-5th grade, but you were my best friend during that time.
Ant: Haha, you look nothing like an ant, but I just nicknamed you "ant" because of that one time you were hyper off candy and you kept calling yourself a lonely ant with no friends. That happened 7 years ago but it still makes me laugh when I think about it. Thanks for teaching me that I am a crappy friend. I had my first friend-fight with you and it ended up ending our best-friendship, but you still held on to me and demanded for us to at least be friends. I can't believe how stupid I was in letting our friendship go to waste. I only realized years later how lucky I was to be your friend, but by then you had already moved.
Mentor: You were the best Key Club President ever. I wasn't able to consider you a friend because I was too busy looking at you as my mentor--something I truly regret. You made me love Key Club and you made me come to care about OAKC deeply. Apart from Key Club, you had an amazing personality and you were an amazing basketball player. A true mentor for a keyclub-basketball fanatic like me.
Chinky: aka Mentor #2. (I was gonna nickname you "shortie" but I thought that was too mean. I guess chinky isn't much better. Haha.) Thanks for converting me from Red Cross to Key Club with your 20 minute rants in the car. Like with Mentor, I wasn't able to become close friends with you, but I just want you to know that you changed my life forever. I always strive to become a bit more like you. Always focused on studies and Key Club, spirited, loving and trusting God, kind, funny, and a brilliant leader. You made OAKC grow exponentially during your one year of presidency. Thanks.
Ugly: Man, I wanted to keep this all positive but then I remembered you. Well, thanks for teaching me that not all Key Clubbers are nice. You made me grateful that I wasn't like you and set the standard for someone I never want to be.
Picture: You always give me pictures! Haha. Well, I'd like to thank you for being a role model to me. You always worked your butt off for Key Club and you've inspired me to do the same. Thanks for always checking up on me through Facebook and phonecalls. It's really encouraging whenever you do so. I wish you luck in college!
Cow: Your nickname is painfully obvious, but I couldn't think of anything else. Though I couldn't become as close to you as I would have liked, you were a great Key Club role model. You made sure to reach out to all members and attend every event, even non-keyclub ones. I think what really made me want to be LTG was when I saw you on stage at DCON crying and when you cried during the divisional banquet. It inspired me to want to take on the task of leading D30S.
Egypt: My beloved 6th grade teacher. You made me love learning and made me want to do my best. Although Oxford has killed all my desires to learn, I still appreciate your efforts. I need to visit you sometime soon...
Physics: I don't know why I bothered to give you a nickname. Haha. Well, you inspired me to love science. Although that love has sorta gone away, you provided me with one heck of a year. I'm excited to have you again this year for Physics. I hope my interest in science can be rekindled by you.
I can't think of anyone else. I think I thanked too many people for one night. I'll do the rest later on.
Dang. I haven't started hw yet and tomorrow I'll be out all day with Key Club. Why do I do this to myself??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment