Sunday, September 27, 2009

Empty

Haha the title to this post sounds like it'll be a sad, depressive one, but it's not. :]

Ever sent an email to a friend and not get a reply back? That bothers me. Like a few days ago, I asked someone to test out this one thing through email, but I never got an email back. I know she checked her email because she emailed me about something else, but she never replied to that one email. Whenever someone does that, it makes me feel empty inside. It's like asking someone a question during a conversation and instead of answering it, that person walks away. And today, I asked another friend to test something for me and she never replied back. When I called her, she told me it didn't work. She could've at least emailed me back saying it didn't work, you know? I don't get mad at people when they do this, but it bothers me because once I say something, I expect a reply. Like I said, I feel empty.

Obviously, if I send an email that doesn't imply that I want a response, I'm not annoyed if they don't. Like, if I say to the Key Club board, "Just a reminder to turn in your ORFs by the first!", I don't need to get 12 emails saying "okay". Or if I send someone a picture, I don't need them to reply "thanks" (though, it's always greatly appreciated). Even I don't reply to emails like that. But emails with questions and requests should be returned. It's something called manners.

I guess since I'm practically on my email all day long (gmail refreshes itself so if I keep it on a tab, it instantly says if I have any new mail or not) I'm pretty anal about these things.

But seriously, IT'S ANNOYING. I spent my time asking you a question, so I expect an answer. My goodness.

3 comments:

  1. haha judy, it's angeline.

    sorrryyy! xD you called me right when i was testing it out actually, haha. sorry i procrastinated a bit x]

    but i know how you feel >.< i asked pauline a question about whether i should upload the gardenwalk pictures, and she never replied... haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh btw, i feel like a stalker. but i found your blog just now through facebook, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete