Well, I obviously know what Lent is, despite the title to this blog. I have too many Catholic friends to not know. -_-
A few of my friends have decided to give up "internet for fun" for Lent this year. I'm beginning to contemplate on whether or not I should do so as well. What's holding me back is 1) I love the internet too much! & 2) I'm not Catholic so why am I doing this. If I were a normal Korean Christian who only hanged out with Korean Christians, then I wouldn't even know what Lent is right now. So why am I thinking about participating in this thingy?
My conclusion: I'm semi-Lent-ing. I'm not going to think of this as Lent or think of it as a set 40-day thing. I'm just going to give up a part of the world for God for a period of time. I think I'll come out a better person from this challenge since I will have more time to read the Bible and I'll (hopefully) get over the habit of checking all my social networking sites constantly. I might go on these sites on weekends, but I'll try to avoid them during weekdays.
Of course, I'll still blog since I still need a journal type thingy to express my emotions as they come.
TO JESSICA: If you're reading this, I'm blocking Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Formspring, and Allkpop from our computer. So bring your laptop and charger if you want to go on these sites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment