I miss this.
I don't mind that they've matured. I don't mind that they wear more makeup (though the natural look suits them well). It's not the physical stuff that I mind, but the musical elements.
Actually, I think that they sound more mature here even though it was three years ago. The lyrics are much more meaningful. The melody is empowering. The vocals are sophisticated. It's SNSD before they conformed. Sure, I still like their new stuff, but I wish they'd return to this too. Maybe make the lyrics less naive, but still.. I want more emotion-packed songs, not robotic, one-pitched repetitions of random (sometimes not even) Korean words.
Actually, I think that they sound more mature here even though it was three years ago. The lyrics are much more meaningful. The melody is empowering. The vocals are sophisticated. It's SNSD before they conformed. Sure, I still like their new stuff, but I wish they'd return to this too. Maybe make the lyrics less naive, but still.. I want more emotion-packed songs, not robotic, one-pitched repetitions of random (sometimes not even) Korean words.
No comments:
Post a Comment